South Florida Community Land Trust’s Request for Proposals for General Contractor (CONTRACTOR)
BHP Community Land Trust Inc., doing business as South Florida Community Land Trust (SFCLT) is requesting proposals from contractors for the CONSTRUCTION OF SIX, SINGLE FAMILY HOMES.
Bids are due on Tuesday, August
15 29, 2017, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM local time at 690 NE 13th Street, Suite 105, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304.
A pre-bid conference will be held at Broward County, Housing Finance, and Community Development, 110 NE 3rd Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301, at 1:00 PM local time on July 20, 2017. Complete bid specifications will be available on this page at the time of, or before the pre-bid conference. Please continue to check back for their availability.
This project is federally funded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through Broward County Housing Finance and Community Development Division using HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) grant funds. Therefore, Federal and County rules and regulations are applicable to this project. Bidders must comply with Section 3 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968 which requires that economic opportunities to the greatest extent feasible be given to low and very low-income persons and to businesses that provide economic opportunities for these persons.
The RFP is available for download here:An updated RFP can be downloaded below
- “Attachment A – Transmittal Letter Form” is available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/m45x1rl4qgyzvx02uj8vf86gxkm21944
- “Attachment I – Cost Proposal Form” is available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/xpziwokoib8xgw56le1ig73lfcuuaj9g
- “Attachment L – Section 3 Forms” is available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/rc3aojtsjxzatm5v53ix12lxb4idcr2p
Plans for 296 NW 1st Terrace are available for download here: Plans for 433 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here: Plans for 439 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here: Plans for 443 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here: Plans for 449 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here: Plans for 542 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here:
- Updated Plans for all six (6) sites can be downloaded at the links provided below
Updated July 20, 2017
- The Pre-Bid Conference sign in sheet is available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/ag5aht9mk1vvw0xb2nrzlke242ejm6pg
Updated July 21, 2017
- The RFP (updated 07.28.17) is available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/hr5ab8irkb4u2im398cri5cs7kpmhqyn
- “Addendum #1 (07.28.17)” is available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/o5naga2f9ugx5uw1dygulw7e9tz2v7uu
- Enterprise Green Communities 2015 Criteria is available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/x169rn7786bloollnjfoy7glydnkgaqc
- SFCLT’s proposed checklist for Enterprise Green Communities 2015 Criteria is available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/q5pz3ezwx8fnapqjxgqwhd8z71ryh3sz
- A sample contract with general conditions are available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/bzjlgn68hy9tc49fmpxz84p21xyd48ro https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/39evugd4auv116gnrhp0hn0o6ctp5aky
- Plans for all six (6) sites are available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/sv66hk9c5ys6mnjy23z3uzz9cc24u7va
- Surveys for all six sites are available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/w3slyc4l8j0nwumzotmo2ffed7x85fsg
Updated July 28, 2017
- “Addendum #2 (08.21.17)” is available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/hneuyn0q6xn2xa1j7kee3exlawjd2p2t
- Civil drawings for 449 N Deerfield Avenue are available for download here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/jj6uu9uwxdhddtputcohs7n5e5rnla63
Updated August 21, 2017
- “Addendum #3 (08.25.17)” is available here: https://southfloridacommunitylandt.box.com/s/8p10wdizbrxpa2h5r6lp500i6m4sk9rv
Updated August 25, 2017
Due to Hurricane Irma’s impact on Broward County, interviews have been postponed. An updated timeline will be made available at a future date.
Updated September 5, 2017
The rescheduled date for interviews is Thursday, September 28th at SFCLT’s office (690 NE 13th Street, Suite #105, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304). Each proposer will have approximately 30 minutes, with up to 10 minutes to present followed by a Q&A session with the Selection/Evaluation Committee, the Design Team, and SFCLT Staff.
- 9:45 AM – Ziegler Builders
- 10:30 AM – Stuart & Shelby Development
- 11:15 AM – Access Builders
- 12:30 PM – Tron Construction
- 1:15 PM – SMG Contractors
After reviewing proposals and interviews, the Evaluation Committee evaluated and ranked firms in the following order:
- Access Builders
- Ziegler Builders
- Stuart & Shelby Development
- Tron Construction
- SMG Contractors: Non-Responsive
On October 4th, 2017, the Board approved the Selection Committee’s recommendation. The Executive Director will negotiate a contract with the top-ranked CONTRACTOR, Access Builders. The CONTRACTOR may be asked to provide a best and final price and/or to provide additional information. After the first ranked CONTRACTOR successfully goes through contract negotiations, the negotiated contract will be presented to the SFCLT Board of Directors for final approval. If a contract cannot be negotiated, SFCLT will either go to the next ranked bidder or may reject all proposals.
Any protest from an actual or prospective bidder must be submitted in writing and received by the SFCLT within five (5) calendar days after the award information has been provided. Protests must include name and contact information of the protester and a detailed statement citing the provisions being protested. The Executive Director shall have the authority to settle and resolve any and all protests. A firm wishing to appeal the protest decision of the Executive Director may submit an appeal in writing, which must be received by the SFCLT within three (3) calendar days of the decision. The Executive Committee shall investigate the grievance and provide a ruling. Please note that the only grounds for a protest shall be a failure by SFCLT to follow its own review process as advertised in the RFP or equivalent bidding documents.
Updated October 5, 2017